We've had the news that at Alert level 3 the focus changes to 'Safe' business operations rather than essential only. This means we can reopen and start treating our patients again, but there will be noticeable changes. Unfortunately, at L3 restrictions, we cannot see any clients coming from from outside of the Auckland region.
In order to open, we must fulfill the government's guidelines on contactless operation and hygiene. In more detail, for us this means:
- contactless drop off for appointments while owners must wait in the carpark area.
- additional disinfection protocols used between patients for staff and contact surfaces. The treatment bed will be covered with a waterproof outer layer and disinfected between each patient with a virucide proven to kill covid-19. We will also place a sheet over the bed per patient and vacuum between patients to avoid hair transfer.
- updates will be provided by email and phone. We ask that clients inform us of any areas of concern or changes in their pet via email the day prior to their appointment. Anything urgent, can be discussed on the day via phone.
- a Southern K9 therapy centre staff member will be assisting with patients to ensure we are able to provide full care. Please remind us if your pet has dietary limitations for treats.
- invoicing and consent forms will all be carried out online.
- while clients wait in the carpark, we ask that if your arrival/departure overlaps someone else's that you maintain at least 2m between each other and don't allow the dog's to meet or sniff.
- if you or anyone your pet has been in contact with has covid-19, or has recovered from Covid-19, please let us know prior to your appointment. Although a pet transferring disease to people is believed to be unlikely, the current recommendation is that pets do not leave Covid-19 households and do no interact with anyone outside of the household's bubble. To protect your pet from possible infection, it is also recommended to not kiss or cuddle them if you are sick with Covid-19 and have another member of the household look after them while you are unwell.
- if you are feeling unwell with any signs consistent with covid-19, flu or a cold, please let us know prior to your pet coming in.
Currently, we have turned the online booking facility off so we can manage bookings and staff availability as needed for each case. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to get this back on as soon as we enter L2. We want to stay open and keep treating your pets to help them live happier and more comfortable lives. Please adhere to the guidelines above so we can all stay safe, healthy and keep getting treatment for our pets. If you have any questions or concerns relating to your pet or Covid-19 protocols, please get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Diesel, listening intently to see what he can and can't do during alert L3.